We now offer options to worship at 9am and 11am.
Here's everything you need to understand about the new format.
What happens and when?
9:00 – 10:15 AM 1st Worship Service
- Nursery is available for infants up to 2 ½ years old.
- Junior Church will be offered mid-way through the service for children 2 ½ years up to and including Grade 1.
- Guests with children will be informed of the Learning Centre available during the second service.
10:15 – 10:50 AM Connection Time
- The connection time is an extended coffee and fellowship time provided between services to continue to foster relationships between everyone regardless of which service people attend.
- In order to make more room for this connection time, there will be a separate youth connection time in the garage, and an additional adult connection time, at the back of the sanctuary.
- Parents will be asked to pick up their children from Junior Church and infants from the Nursery promptly following the first service and drop them back off at the end of the connection time. Parents may use the nursery to care for their own infants but workers will not be available.
- There will be a chime at 10:45 signalling the end of the connection time. Learning Centre and Nursery workers will be available for parents to drop off their children starting at 10:50.
11:00 – 12:15 PM 2nd Worship Service
Nursery is available for infants up to 2 ½ years old.
Learning Centre will be offered in the basement for children 2 ½ years old to Grade 6 and in the garage for youth (Grade 7 to 12). Adult groups that wish to meet during the service may meet in the church house up to three times per month and serve as a group once per month. Groups like these in addition to our new Life Groups will replace the Pastor’s Class.
There will be no coffee time following the second service in order to encourage fellowship during the connection time in between services.
Why are we doing this?
The move to two services is about compassion not convenience. The purpose of a second service is to make room for people in our community who might not otherwise meet Jesus Christ.
How do we avoid a traffic jam in the parking lot?
Bathurst St. will become the preferred entry and Weldrick Rd. the preferred exit. Parking attendants will direct people for the first service to park in the south end and those arriving to the second service to fill the parking lot from the north.
How do we avoid congestion in and out of the building?
The wider front entrance (facing Weldrick Road) will become the main entrance and the back entrance (facing the parking lot) will be used as a courtesy entrance for the handicapped, elderly, and parents carrying babies.
How do we help flow in and out of the sanctuary?
The coat rack in the corridor will be used for our first service and the rack to the right of the main sanctuary doors will be for those in our second. In the first fifteen minutes after the first service either exit may be used but after that the double doors will be designated as the entrance for the second service and people will be encouraged to exit through the single door near the pulpit. The stairs at the back of the sanctuary will be used to pick up kids from nursery/junior church and the split stairs near the back entrance will be used after children have been picked up. After the second service, either front or double doors may be used to exit the sanctuary with the stairs at the back of the sanctuary being used to pick up children from the Nursery or the Learning Centre.